Salesforce API Impact Analysis
Before you start doing Salesforce impact analysis, you first need to import Salesforce API. Make sure that you have created your Team and Environment successfully, as required.
So, let us first create a Team & Environment for Salesforce.
- Navigate to the Tools menu, hover mouse on API Settings & then choose Salesforce.
- Salesforce API Settings window opens. Here, you can view the list of existing Teams.
- Click on Add new team button to add new team.
- Enter team name and click on Save button.
- A new team with new_team has been added. Now we need to add new environment within that team.
- Click on the Add New Environment.
- Here, required fields are filled with relevant data for creating new environments in team.
- Click on Save to save the created environment.
- The new environment has been created successfully. You can edit & delete it, as required.
- Thus, the team along with environment has been created successfully. You can view here in the list.
How to get Salesforce Consumer Key & Consumer Secret Key
- Create a Service Repository file and open it.
- Click on Import Salesforce API.
- Salesforce Login page opens.
- Select Team & corresponding environment and click on Login.
- From here, you can import desired Salesforce API. Latest version of the Salesforce API (i.e. 44.0 – Winter ’19).
- Let us compare this latest version of Salesforce API with an old version of the Salesforce API.
- Click on Import button.
- Here, you can view the imported Salesforce API methods (create, update & delete).
- Here, you can view object properties of the imported Salesforce API.
- Let us compare this latest version of API with an old version of the Salesforce API.
- Click on the Salesforce Impact Analysis button.
- You can Right click on the Salesforce API & select Impact Analysis option.
- Salesforce Login page opens. Enter your Team Name & Environment to login.
- After successful login, you need to select desired Salesforce API version with which you want to compare the already added Salesforce API version. (here we have chosen 30.0 – Spring ’14 version).
- Click Next to proceed.
- Here, you can view the detailed information about the impacted records existing in the selected Salesforce APIs.
- You can refine the information by choosing fields from By Operation (like Unchanged, Modified, Added & Removed). You can easily identify the records with the help of legends (added, removed, changed & not existing).
- If you want to add new web service for the Salesforce API (secondary) then click on Create New button.
- If you want to update the Salesforce API (primary) then click on Update Existing button.
- You get an error message regarding the updating existing Salesforce API, as shown below.