Steps to install TightVNC:
- Launch the TightVNC setup file to begin the installation.
- Installation begins, click Next.
- Select the checkbox to accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Select the Complete setup type option and proceed installation.
- Click Next to proceed with the installation.
- Click the Install option and proceed to the installation process.
- Select Do not change the option from Password for Remote Access and Administrative Password option and click OK.
- The installation of the TightVNC utility has finished here.
- Further, we need to do a few required configurations.
- Open the TightVNC Utility on your machine & select the Server tab.
- Uncheck the Require VNC Authentication checkbox.
- (If this checkbox is checked and you set the password for Primary Password or View Only then you will be asked to enter this password during remote access of the machine through VNC Server.)
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- Open the Access Control tab.
- Check Allow loopback connections checkbox.
- Uncheck Allow only loopback connections checkbox.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Once you have triggered the test execution on your local machine, you are redirected to the execution log page, as shown below.
- Click on the VNC Viewer icon to open the VNC Viewer window.
Accessing live test execution on the remote windows machine
- Press Window + R button
- Enter netplwiz in Run wizard & click OK
- User Accounts wizard opens.
- Uncheck the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer checkbox.
- Provide login credentials to be used for auto-login.
Accessing live test execution on remote Mac machine
System Preferences configurations:
- Open the System Preferences on the Mac machine.
- Open the Sharing.
- Select the Screen Sharing, File Sharing & Remote Login checkbox.
- Click on the Computer Settings.
- Select both the given checkboxes like Anyone may request permission to control screen & VNC Viewers may control screen with a password.
- Click OK.
Using SpockAgentClient Utility on command prompt:
- Open command prompt, type java -jar, provide a space and then drag and drop the SpockAgentClient Utility and press Enter.
- SpockAgentClient Utility starts.
- SpockAgentClient starts finding Java on the system.
- SpockAgentClient installs Teleporting tunnel, creates a temp XML file, and registers Spock Agent Client on the server as shown below.
- Further, it asks to enter the Server URL (Opkey Web URL).
- Once the required information is provided successfully, it verifies and downloads the other required files.
- Here, it asks for the VNC Password that provided by you while applying System Preferences configurations above.
- It starts connecting to the server.
- SpockAgentClient Utility is now working correctly.
- Once the above-described settings are applied successfully, you can easily view the live test execution running on the remote Mac machines.
Accessing live test execution on remote Android Devices:
- Click on the VNC Icon to view the live test execution running on an android device.
- View the live test execution on the android device.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article